Sunday, April 21, 2013

World Day of Prayer for Vocations

Today, the Fourth Sunday of Easter, is the 50th World Day of Prayer for Vocations.  In 1963, Pope Paul VI designated Good Shepherd Sunday, as day of worldwide prayer for vocations.

In the Gospel readings for today, Jesus says,

My sheep hear my voice;
I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.
No one can take them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all,
and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand.
The Father and I are one.” (John 10:27-30)

The Daughters of Saint Paul are visiting our parish this weekend!  Their mission is to serve the Church through communications. As their website states, "The sisters are active in all forms of media, from traditional publications to e-books, from TV to social media, from the internet to mobile apps—working in the areas of writing, publishing, recording and broadcasting, screen-writing, media literacy, religious education, adult faith formation and spiritual development. They operate 14 Pauline Book and Media Centers throughout the US and English-speaking Canada."

During their visit to Blessed Sacrament Parish, their Director of Vocations, Sister Margaret Michael Gillis, will share some reflections on vocations. Sister Maria Elizabeth Borobia will speak about vocations with our Hispanic community.

In this video, Sister Margaret Michael shares some thoughts on listening to God's call.


No comments: